The story so far¶
Wagtail was developed for the Royal College of Art in 2013, and launched as an open source project in February 2014. The changes since its launch are recorded in the codebase:
- February 2014: Reduced dependencies, basic documentation, translations, tests
The issue list gives a detailed view of the immediate tasks, but our current broad priorities are:
- More and better tests (>80% coverage)
- Better documentation: simple setup guides for all levels of user, a manual for editors and administrators, in-depth intstructions for Django developers.
- Move site section permissions out of Django admin
- Improved image handling: intelligent cropping, animated gif support
- Block-level editing UI (see Sir Trevor)
- Site settings management
- Support for an HTML content type
- Simple inline stats
Please help us focus on the right things by raising issues for new features, or joining the discussion on existing issues.