Wagtail 0.6 release notes¶
Project template and start project command¶
Wagtail now has a basic project template built in to make starting new projects much easier.
To use it, install
wagtail onto your machine and run
wagtail start project_name.
Django 1.7 support¶
Wagtail can now be used with Django 1.7.
- A new template tag has been added for reversing URLs inside routable pages. See The routablepageurl template tag.
- RoutablePage can now be used as a mixin. See
- Added the
register_admin_menu_itemhook for registering menu items at startup. See Admin Hooks
- Added a version indicator into the admin interface (hover over the wagtail to see it)
- Added Russian translation
- Page URL generation now returns correct URLs for sites that have the main ‘serve’ view rooted somewhere other than ‘/’.
- Search results in the page chooser now respect the page_type parameter on PageChooserPanel.
- Rendition filenames are now prevented from going over 60 chars, even with a large focal_point_key.
- Child relations that are defined on a model’s superclass (such as the base Page model) are now picked up correctly by the page editing form, page copy operations and the replace_text management command.