Wagtail 0.6 release notes¶
Project template and start project command¶
Wagtail now has a basic project template built in to make starting new projects much easier.
To use it, install
wagtail onto your machine and run
wagtail start project_name.
Django 1.7 support¶
Wagtail can now be used with Django 1.7.
- A new template tag has been added for reversing URLs inside routable pages. See The routablepageurl template tag.
- RoutablePage can now be used as a mixin. See
- Added the
register_admin_menu_itemhook for registering menu items at startup. See Hooks
- Added a version indicator into the admin interface (hover over the wagtail to see it)
- Added Russian translation
- Page URL generation now returns correct URLs for sites that have the main ‘serve’ view rooted somewhere other than ‘/’.
- Search results in the page chooser now respect the page_type parameter on PageChooserPanel.
- Rendition filenames are now prevented from going over 60 chars, even with a large focal_point_key.
- Child relations that are defined on a model’s superclass (such as the base Page model) are now picked up correctly by the page editing form, page copy operations and the replace_text management command.
- Tags on images and documents are now committed to the search index immediately on saving.
Search signal handlers have been moved¶
If you have an import in your
urls.py file like
from wagtail.wagtailsearch import register_signal_handlers, this must now be changed to
from wagtail.wagtailsearch.signal_handlers import register_signal_handlers