Wagtail 2.3 release notes¶
Wagtail 2.3 is designated a Long Term Support (LTS) release. Long Term Support releases will continue to receive maintenance updates as necessary to address security and data-loss related issues, up until the next LTS release (typically a period of 8 months).
Note that Wagtail 2.3 will be the last release branch to support Django 1.11.
Added Django 2.1 support¶
Wagtail is now compatible with Django 2.1. Compatibility fixes were contributed by Ryan Verner and Matt Westcott.
Improved colour contrast¶
Colour contrast within the admin interface has been improved, and now complies with WCAG 2 level AA. This was completed by Coen van der Kamp and Naomi Morduch Toubman based on earlier work from Edd Baldry, Naa Marteki Reed and Ben Enright.
- Added ‘scale’ image filter (Oliver Wilkerson)
- Added meta tag to prevent search engines from indexing admin pages (Karl Hobley)
- EmbedBlock now validates against recognised embed providers on save (Bertrand Bordage)
- Made cache control headers on Wagtail admin consistent with Django admin (Tomasz Knapik)
- Notification emails now include an “Auto-Submitted: auto-generated” header (Dan Braghis)
- Image chooser panels now show alt text as title (Samir Shah)
download_urlfield to images in the API (Michael Harrison)
- Dummy requests for preview now preserve the HTTP Authorization header (Ben Dickinson)
- Respect next param on login (Loic Teixeira)
- InlinePanel now handles relations that specify a related_query_name (Aram Dulyan)
- before_delete_page / after_delete_page hooks now run within the same database transaction as the page deletion (Tomasz Knapik)
- Seek to the beginning of image files when uploading, to restore compatibility with django-storages Google Cloud and Azure backends (Mikalai Radchuk)
- Snippet chooser modal no longer fails on snippet models with UUID primary keys (Sævar Öfjörð Magnússon)
- Restored localisation in date/time pickers (David Moore, Thibaud Colas)
- Tag input field no longer treats ‘б’ on Russian keyboards as a comma (Michael Borisov)
- Disabled autocomplete dropdowns on date/time chooser fields (Janneke Janssen)
- Split up
wagtail.admin.formsto make it less prone to circular imports (Matt Westcott)
- Disable linking to root page in rich text, making the page non-functional (Matt Westcott)
- Pages should be editable and save-able even if there are broken page or document links in rich text (Matt Westcott)
- Avoid redundant round-trips of JSON StreamField data on save, improving performance and preventing consistency issues on fixture loading (Andy Chosak, Matt Westcott)
- Users are not logged out when changing their own password through the Users area (Matt Westcott)
wagtail.admin.forms module has been split up into submodules to make it less prone to producing circular imports, particularly when a custom user model is in use. The following (undocumented) definitions have now been moved to new locations:
The following definitions remain in